We all appreciate well formatted and neatly outlined documents. These tips should help you when entering and formatting your Self Study Responses. Your Self Study will be viewed the Accrediting Body and, in some cases, Self Study Reviewers.
When completing your Self Study within Jura, you will encounter questions that will require a variety of response types such as Text, Drop-down menu selection, and File Upload. This article applies to Text response types.
Each text box for text responses has various formatting features that will allow you to edit the data entered to your liking. The features allow you to make text bold, underline text, change the font style and size, bullet important items, add numbering, add indentation, create tables, adjust text alignment, highlight items, add images, create hyperlinks, and add videos. These options are shown across the top toolbar of the text box. (Pictured Below)
In addition to manually entering data, you can also copy data from another text editing software, such as Microsoft Word, and paste the text into Jura. While it is best practice to always paste any text copied from a different software as "Plain Text" to ensure that all text entered is uniform throughout your Self Study, we have incorporated a feature that will allow you to remove formatting from text copied and paste into Jura with formatting. Below is an example of information that we would like to copy over to Jura.
This is how the text looks in Jura when it is paste into the text box with its original formatting.
As you can see, there appears to be excessive spacing between the words "mission" and "is". Also, the text is displayed in two different font types. To fix this, click the icon that looks like a "T" with a slanted strike through it. This will ensure that all text is uniform. Please see the image below:
NOTE: In some cases it may be necessary to further adjust spacing.
You can also paste the text into Jura as "Plain Text" by using the following tips:
- Some web browsers, such as Google Chrome, allow you to right-click within the area that you would like to paste the text, and then select "Paste as plain text". Please see the image below.
- On devices running a Windows operating system the keyboard shortcut to paste as plain text is: Ctrl+ Shift+V
- On devices running a Mac operating system the keyboard shortcut to paste as plain text is: Shift+Option+Command+V
Lastly, it's always a good idea to review your Self Study before submitting it. Jura includes a "Preview" feature that allows you to view your entries as the Reviewers and Accrediting body will see them before submitting. To access this feature, please do the following:
- Log into Jura.
- Click "Self-Studies" to access the Self Study Module.
- Click the "Pencil" icon under the "Actions" column to the right of the Self Study that you are currently working on.
- Click the "PREVIEW SELF STUDY" button in the upper left corner of the screen. Please see the image below.
We hope this helps!
For any additional questions and concerns, please contact Jura Support at email@example.com.